I’ve had a lot of questions recently regarding publishing blog posts to Facebook. It’s quick and easy to connect your blog to your Facebook profile so that every time you publish a new blog post, it will appear on your Facebook profile automatically (and will therefore be visible to all of your Facebook friends). This saves a lot of time and effort – you don’t have to re-post your new content every time you publish!
Here’s how to do it:
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Go to the lower left hand corner of your screen, where there’s a little Facebook logo and the word “Applications”. Click on the word Applications. A big menu of all of your FB applications will pop up.
3. Go to “Notes”.
4. You’ll be sent to a screen that says “My Friends’ Notes”. On the right side of the screen you’ll see a box that says “Notes Settings”.
5. In that box, click on “Import a Blog”.
6. You will then be sent to a screen that says “Import a Blog”.
7. Enter the full URL (including the http://) of your blog (or the feed of your blog, if you use a Feedburner feed) in the Web URL field.
8. Check the box beneath the URL field to acknowledge that the content is yours.
9. Then click on “Start Importing”.
10. Facebook will show you a Preview of the content that it thinks it should publish. Click on the “Confirm Import” button on the right side of the screen to confirm the import process.
You’re done! Facebook will now pull your most recent blog posts into your profile (it may import several at one time at the beginning). Then from now on, Facebook will check the RSS feed of your blog automatically every 2-3 hours. If you’ve written a new blog post, if will import it automatically into your profile as a Note.
Please note – You may only import one blog at a time using this process, so if you’ve got multiple blogs, you’ll need to pick one.
Another note – You can use this same process to import your blog into a Facebook Page (if you have one for your business).
If you would like to delete a post from the Notes area once it’s been imported, just go to Applications > Notes, then hit the “My Notes” link close to the top of the screen. There will be delete button next to the title of each Note.
Have fun, and happy posting!
UPDATE: Facebook has changes it’s NOTES process since this post was published, and you may need to look in a different place to find the Import settings. If you’ve checked Facebook help and are still stuck, please contact me and I’ll help you out.