I’ll be teaching an introductory class on blogging this week at Boulder Digital Arts in Boulder, Colorado! I’m delighted to announce that I recently joined the BDA instruction team, and this class will be my first one with them.
Here are the details:
What: Basics of Blogging Class
When: Thursday, September 2, 2010
Where: Boulder Digital Arts, Arapahoe Studio, 1600 Range Street, Suite 100, Boulder
Cost: BDA Members: $69.00, Non Members: $89.00
Here’s what we will cover:
- What is a blog?
- What blogging is (and isn’t) and why it’s a GREAT marketing tool for any business
- The parts of of a blog post and why they’re important
- How to find blogs you’ll like to read
- How to use RSS feeds to make reading blogs and other sites easy
- How to get started with building your own blog, including recommendations for what blogging tool you should use
- What commenting is, why it’s important for getting involved in the blog world, and how to develop a commenting strategy
Who should take this class: If you’re interested in blogging and what like to learn more about the world of blogs, or if you’ve recently started a blog but you’d like to know more, this is a great class for you. It is a lecture-style class, but you can bring your laptop with you into the classroom if you’d like to follow along with what I’ll be doing.
Questions? Contact me here.